Mood Board

Scattered across my mood board are clippings from several publications, such as Vanity Fair, that I feel may inspire me during the creation of my own magazine. While I plan to create a Halloween edition of a theme park magazine, it is subject to change, so what is on my board is geared toward my preferences (not only for the Halloween magazine). The three full-page clippings pasted onto my board are possible layouts I may wish to experiment with when formulating my final product. I may finish with a “picture speaks a thousand words” approach or put it into a more formally written style for my double-spread. However, the placements of pictures, text boxes, and graphics are appealing in all three pieces—something I will consider.

At the upper left-hand corner (“Wild at Heart”) is a possible style/font for one of my headings. Sub-headings (or topics) are brainstormed with the clippings to the right of the large piece “Straight Outta Hollywood.”  I enjoy the more sophisticated yet playful fonts, as seen with the “Going Somewhere” graphic. Right next to it is what I would like to become my table of contents. It is simple, yet informative. The setup of the graphic is linear and clean-cut. It entices the readers while also advising them.

Along the bottom and in the bottom right corner are possible fonts I would like to use for headings, subheadings, and body text. Most are thin, but there is a mixture of serif and sans-serif fonts provided. They all give off an aura of sophistication and are aesthetically pleasing. My favorites include “…That Lasts” and “duty”.

The theme of my magazine is meant to entertain and inform. I want my readers to take it seriously but not find it boring. The fonts that I chose and the layouts that I plan to play around with reflect this desire. A theme park magazine may not need to seem sophisticated, but I feel it needs to be taken seriously and not have an out-of-line font like comic sans. Plus, since it is a Halloween edition, Halloween usually depicts either chiller fonts or a more clean-cut format to keep the content serious and suspenseful, which I believe is imitated perfectly with my choices.

Mood Board

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature Spread Overall

Creative Critical Reflection

Feature Spread Revision