WDW Magazine Presentation


There were many elements in my personal research of WDW magazine that I will be keeping in mind when creating my own magazine, Kinetic Force. The most obvious would be that my cover image will be the focus of attention and there will be minimal cover lines on the front. I will think of incorporating the strip of black at the bottom of the cover with an important cover line on it. Like WDW, I plan to make my main cover line in a themed font. It will be a Halloween, chiller type of font since my magazine will be based around Halloween events in theme parks.

For the table of contents, I enjoyed the geometric block-y design of the images with the article title on them for important topics but I would likely make my layout darker and will add my own twist to the overall design. I may switch out the "Also in this Issue..." section of WDW's table of contents for a layout idea I saw when creating my mood board.

My feature spread will have one page with a full picture and quick caption as it will keep my audience entertained. I found the pictures WDW used in their feature spread stunning so they inspired me to use impactful and beautiful images for my article. Like the cover page and feature spread for WDW, my title font for my spread will be themed (Halloween). I will use a modern sans-serif font that will keep my magazine's reputation professional. It will present itself as being a magazine for all ages with the contrast between a themed title and a modern body font. This is something the Disney magazine does magnificently and I would like to respectfully replicate with my own tweaks.

Thinking over the audience for WDW, I would like to do what Walt once said was wise, and expand my magazine past just children/teenagers. I want theme park enthusiasts to choose my magazine over any other because it is fun and their kids can skim through it as well. My articles will not be targeted to just adults, either. It will have activities for kids while also delivering serious discussion to burning topics like what to expect at Halloween events or a "Survival Guide to Theme Park Halloween Events".



Presentation:
https://www.canva.com/design/DADL-s_XCXo/MQ16DSGg_kGpLdOg_qXupg/edit?layouts=&category=tACFav0Uivc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature Spread Overall

Creative Critical Reflection

Feature Spread Revision