Travel Magazine Group Presentation


While looking at the group's separate magazine elements for the magazine they chose, we realized that many of the components were the same. While they all were about differing overall topics, at the core, they were strikingly similar. Through this project, I analyzed elements of magazines in my intended genre that I believe may be good to carry over into my own magazine creation.

I had done the WDW Magazine, which was admittedly the most child-like out of the five in total that we analyzed. Lorenny did National Geographic [Traveler], a widely known travel magazine. The main cover line seemed to have the most enticing words to pull in their audience, such as "Trips to Change Your Life". Samantha had done Condé Nast Traveler which looked the most sophisticated. Penelope had done 5280. It's cover had many buzzwords and symbols like plus signs that signified there was more to read. I may implement symbols on my cover page as it is aesthetically pleasing and has purpose-it draws in the audience. Yanet did Canadian Geographic Magazine which looked to have the most words on the cover. I personally did not like the look of it. I also feel too many words on the cover drives away potential consumers.

The cover(s) in general had a bold masthead with a main image that was barely covered by text. It was the focus of the page. They are usually pictures of a landscape, which I do not think I will be doing for my magazine. My image will likely be of a character in a Halloween event at a theme park. The anchorage usually has minimal words and the colors used depend on the colors in the main image. The main cover line should relate to the main image. Buzzwords can sometimes be used.

The table of contents ranged from one to three pages. I intend to keep my magazine's table of contents to only one page. Too many pages will lose the audience. The page(s) will usually contain images pertaining to the short article title/hook. I plan to use a couple of images (4-5) that have the article title and page number on them and then a short run-through of important articles below it.

In a travel magazine, the feature spread will usually have a main image covering one or both pages. I plan to have my feature spread cover one full page with an image while the article will be on the opposite page. The color scheme for the cover usually carried on to the feature spreads, which I feel is a nice touch. It reflects that this spread is what the entire issue is about.

Overall, the codes and conventions convey that the images chosen are important as they entice the reader by eliciting positive vibes. The font package will depend on the audience. For instance, WDW Magazine had room to use cuter, funnier fonts since it is a family magazine. Condé Nast Traveler used more sophisticated fonts since they are for a more mature audience.

When creating my magazine, I will especially keep WDW Magazine in mind as it syncs into my target audience and possibly implement other elements from the differing magazines like National Geographic [Traveler] and Condé Nast Traveler.






Presentation:
https://prezi.com/p/p__p013k5erz/open-share/?utm_source=prezi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=2003&utm_campaign=16803456&refcode=email00selligent000v0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature Spread Overall

Creative Critical Reflection

Feature Spread Revision