Cover + TOC (WIP)

Cover (Work In Progress)

Getting the creative ideas flowing usually is a hard task but for some reason, what I wanted my cover to resemble came easy to me. I knew from the start that I wanted a creation from Universal's Halloween Horror Nights to be on the cover. From experience, I knew they would be bringing the tradition of at least a pair of stilt-walking characters to their production. Those are the most intimidating to me, and also the most fascinating so I knew I wanted them on my cover. The idea for the masthead popped into my head right as I thought of the name for the magazine. Having the last "e" fly off like a roller coaster really makes the title come together, I think.

I wanted to push into the codes and conventions of other travel magazines and made sure my main image was barely obscured by any text, so I am attempting to keep the anchorages that I have on my cover minimal--only about 2 or 3. The idea for the plus sign came from another magazine I saw. The element of symbols seemed to catch my attention and make me want to read more so I wanted to add that to my constructing design. The fonts that I noted were not specific in name but specific in type. I want sans-serif, modern fonts for subheadings and anchorages but the cover line should be in a chiller, Halloween-themed font. The masthead will be in italics with block letters; I might add spaces between each letter.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table Of Contents (TOC) (Work In Progress)

The table of contents, on the other hand, took some thought. While I did end up planning all the titles I wanted on the TOC, it proved challenging to find a design I wanted. I looked to WDW magazine for inspiration. I plan to utilize their modern, geometric layout. It is cute yet sophisticated. It and the array of articles I chose reflect that my audience is not only touring adults but children as well. 

I want every page I make to relay that this is a Halloween edition, and the table of contents is no exception. I will be using only my own spooky images against a black background with the font colors being bright/blood red or white. The "More Scares..." section will not have pictures. It, in a way, cuts the geometric design from the bulk of the TOC. 

I made sure to show through my TOC that there are at least 98 pages in my magazine, which is common among travel magazines. The logo that I placed at the bottom was of my own design. I wanted the two first letters of my title, K and F, to connect together with what is meant to be roller coaster tracks. 

The table of contents was a design that I made with the possibly of scrapping or changing, whether it be only the titles or the whole layout. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature Spread Overall

Creative Critical Reflection

Feature Spread Revision