Cover Revisions


The process of creating the cover was much more complex than expected. Viewing different magazines and creating a mood board aided in allowing my creative juices to flow; however, analyzing different magazines of my intended genre (travel) helped me choose the final decisions for key aspects of my cover. 

A couple things changed from the drawing board to InDesign. For instance, on my mock-up, I put the words "Halloween Edition" in a box that was meant to simulate a sticker. After consideration and trying it out, I figured it did not look appealing. Instead, I just created a text box for it to go under the masthead. Not putting "Halloween Edition" at all would have made my magazine less realistic as the magazine itself is meant to be about theme parks monthly. I needed to put that tidbit of information on the cover to justify to my audience as to why the whole magazine in October was about Halloween events. 

I did change my intended use of font for the main cover line. I originally wrote in a previous blog post that it was to be another font but in the end, Willow looked better (I found most of my fonts on dafont.com. 1001fonts.com, and others; this is highlighted in my fonts brainstorming post).

Through Photoshop, I merged the background of one picture behind a picture of the tall pumpkin monster. I did not note it on the sketch as this idea came later. 





Mock-up versus final cover

--------


The two photos I merged to create the main image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature Spread Overall

Creative Critical Reflection

Feature Spread Revision