Table Of Contents Revisions


In terms of layout, not much changed from the drawing board to the final product of my table of contents. I kept the four pictures with a caption at the top in the same format and I kept the bottom half of the page the same ("More Scares...", the page number, and the title of the article on that page).

The pictures I put in mirrored what I wrote on my planning sheet, except for one picture. I felt the frame box would be too small for one of the pictures I originally wanted so I chose another. I took inspiration from WDW Magazine's table of contents layout but I made it much darker in appearance to fit my theme of Halloween opposed to WDW, which is meant to be clean and friendly.

I kept the black background I originally noted that I had wanted, but it felt too plain when it was just a dark background. Like I had done with my feature spread, I put a blood splatter in the back to give it a pop of color and to coincide with the spooky Halloween theme.

To keep with the codes and conventions of travel magazines, I decided to have my table of contents reflect the concept of about 100 pages per issue. My last pages were dedicated to staff credits because I wanted to show that my magazine would have many people working on it, that it is a serious title. I also felt the implementation of pictures of both the scenery and "attractions" was vital in the creation of my table of contents. Many travel magazines have pictures on almost every page of their magazines, usually showing scenery.


WDW Magazine TOC
Blood Splatter used in background

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature Spread Overall

Creative Critical Reflection

Feature Spread Revision